September 13 was Mindfulness Day. While we continue to pursue a programme that is rigourous and challenging and pushes our students to improve and be creative and explore their passion, that’s only part of the equation.
In addition to learning to think critically about academic achievements, we also want them to think critically about how they are learning as well as to be mindful of their well being.
What does Health and Wellness look like at GAA?
- Physical Education classes 3 times a week
- 3 breaks a day to get outside and be active
- Daily physical acitvities (DPA) built into classroom lessons
- Classical music during test periods
- Quiet reading time
- Morning walks
- Ergonomic, active chairs in the M.A.C.
- Recess Yoga Club, Skip Team, Friday Fitness Crew
- Before School Intramurals
- After School Tennis Programme, the Running Experience
While we recognize that academic achievement is important, we want our students to feel empowered to live healthy, balanced lives.