We had fun being involved in many activities this week and accomplished a lot! We also learned the importance of giving back. As a school we raised over 400 food items for our local food bank, and our Student Council volunteered at the Salvation Army sorting food items. Well done Highlanders!
We learned that we all celebrate different traditions for the Thanksgiving Day Weekend. Some of the traditions we started at the school have continued to be celebrated.
This year we:
- Made turkeys using our hand prints
- Wrote about our traditions
- Read a variety of Thanksgiving stories
- Made apple sauce
- Made leaf collages
- Made turkey pencil holders
- Wrote letters to our pen pals in Italy
- Made “What We are Thankful For” feathers
- Discussed the food we eat during this time and why we eat these food
- Discussed healthy options for food
- Ran a Turkey Trot
- We had a casual day and did not have to wear our uniforms!
From all of the staff at GAA we wish you a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!