The Glenn Arbour Academy Parent Teacher Association (GAAPTA) has played a key role over the years in helping to bring extracurricular and valued activities and support to the school and the students.
GAAPTA is the combination of all the families helping at different events throughout the year which also includes driving children on field trips, reading in the classroom and the parent class representatives. The following are some of the events that our children have benefited from over the years which include:
- Helping to organize parent volunteers and prepare the food for the Halloween dance, Valentines dance and pancake breakfasts.
- The welcome back to school fall family BBQ and social event.
- Assist in funding and the construction of the ice rink.
- The daily milk program offered to all students and staff.
- Helping to fund the Ocean’s Wild event which was an educational environmental program brought in for the students, teachers and parents.
- The organizing and hosting of the Semi Formal Dinner/Dance/Silent Auction, the Casino Night/Silent Auction and last years Family Spaghetti Dinner/Dance/Silent Auction.
- A portion of the proceeds of our fundraisers and Christmas Toy Drive have gone to benefit the Hamilton Boys and Girls Club
- Various purchases of gym and classroom equipment for the children.
- The Christmas poinsettia and spring flower sales.
- Uniform Swap
- Ongoing programs such as fundscript, magazine subscriptions, and scholastic book orders. These separate committees will help organize and run the various programs.
These committees will take the place of the formal monthly meetings and each committee team will run the various programs.