Glenn Arbour Academy will strive to nurture young minds through our enriched learning environment.
Our commitment is to foster the development of
- Academic excellence
- Confident children
- Life long learners
- Creative analytical thinkers
- Skilled problem solvers to enable our children to be successful in our ever changing world
History of the School
Glenn Arbour Academy was established in May 2005. The school was created out of a need that parents found was missing in the Burlington community for a private school. We started out with 18 students and ended our first year with 26 students, and we continue to grow! We offer our enriched curriculum and a school environment where students can be themselves, celebrate individuality, academic achievements and have fun learning.
The founders of the school are Lisa MacKinnon and Nora Duncan Harris.
The Glenn represents a serine lush valley, symbolic of the Highland regions. The Arbour represents a solid foundation to support continual growth.
The crest encompasses many different aspects of education that we feel are important.
- Thistle- national emblem of Scotland which represents our heritage.
- Leaves- represent family and the important role that they have in education
- Book- represents academic excellence
- Green Landscape – represents our nurturing environment
Glenn Arbour received the Reader’s Choice Award- Diamond Level for Best Private School in Burlington. This community based award is an honour to receive and forms the cornerstone for great achievements to come.
We believe that the future of the Academy is directly linked with the successful programs that we offer and our outstanding Faculty.